Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Herbalicious

I need your help!

My coworker-slash-friend, LM, surprised me with a bouquet of herbs from her garden this morning. Of course, they've totally livened up my office, both visually and nasally:

Spearmint, sage, tarragon, rosemary, thyme. Can you help a sister out? Any suggestions as to what to do with it all? If I have to preserve some, which ones preserve the best? Should I freeze or dry? I don't want to waste a single leaf :)

> Cross-posted at www.farmtophilly.com.

6 comments:

Benjammin said...

You could make the most insane lasagna ever, then pack it in dry ice, and mail it to me. :D

Taylor said...

Sage, rosemary, tarragon, and thyme = dry if you can't use it all.

Mint = stick in a glass of water and it'll hold up (and even sprout roots) until you can use it all.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

beautiful bouquet & thoughtful friend! throw the thyme & sage in soup or stuffing. make some foccacia bread and put the rosemary on top. and then reward yourself with a mojito con spearmint! :)

bazu said...

Cool gift! I love edible arrangements so much more than flowers!

Ok, everything but tarragon would dry well. Use up the tarragon in salad dressings, soups, stews. Dry the other herbs by hanging them upside down in a loosely tied bunch for a few days, then store in a spice jar. I recently finished the last of some sage that I had frozen 3-4 years ago (!) back in CA.

Jody from VegChic said...

go to the vegetarian times website and and search for brazil nut cheese recipe. Make it. It is good and will use lots of herbs!

Mikaela said...

You guys are the best - thanks! :)