Friday, May 26, 2006

Green gobbling

I've been making salads for lunch using the CSA salad greens and gorgeous lettuce - yumm! Last night, I made Avery Cain this dinner:

Steamed spinach on a fried egg on a bed of salad greens
I made some garlic olive oil with fresh pressed garlic, fresh chopped basil, salt and pepper stirred into organic olive oil. I fried the egg in a tablespoon of the oil, and mixed the rest with a splash of lemon juice for a dressing on the salad.










(Would you like a helmet explanation?)

I have no idea what to do with the turnips - I'd like to use the turnip greens, too. Do I use them like I would collard greens? And, what about the radish greens, can I use them, too? Can I just steam them all and toss it with a diced potato and vinegar? Should I stir fry them? Ack!

No comments: