Tuesday, September 12, 2006

CSA crop share 17

Yay! The Blogger builders fixed my blog just in time for Blooming Glen crop share Tuesday! I don't know what was going on, but I couldn't post photographs. Now I can :) See?


I took better pictures of the share; this one is up because it features curious kitty number two, Azrielle, better known as Tubby. Usually Bluex is all over the new stuff we bring in the house, but the Tub O' Love wanted to check out the fantastic, organic, local produce this week. He's quite a photogenic cat, as you can see here and here and here >^,,^<

Anyway, I'm still having problems leaving comments and the "View My Full Profile" button, but now I can at least post. So, this week's bootie is:

1 pint strawberries
1 quart string beanns
3/4 pound sweet bell peppers
1 head head lettuce
1/2 pound summer squash
2 leeks leeks
1/2 pound swiss chard, endive and/or dandelion
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch dill
1 bunch
2 pounds sweet potatoes
1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes

Jason picked up the share again this week, so he guessed on the quantity of potatoes. It's close enough, I'm sure :) I blanched and froze the swiss chard, as well as the leek greens. I'm looking forward to using these for soups, stews and chilis this winter. Yummm!

1 comment:

wheresmymind said...

Tubby looks a bit demonic there...maybe telling you to stay away from the veggies?? ;)