Monday, September 25, 2006

Dinner for two


A recent dinner for Jason and me: Yummy nachos featuring local organic tomatoes, spring onions and poblano peppers (all from Blooming Glen), piled on a bed of organic blue corn chips, veggie chili and veggie cheese, topped with black olives and hot sauce.
  • Heat chili.
  • Layer chips on a oven-safe plate.
  • Add chili to chips, top with cheese and bake at 400 degrees until cheese melts (10 - 15 minutes).
  • Dice/chop/gather your choice of veggies such as peppers, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, corn, olives, avocado, etc.
  • Add veggies to chips and top with your favorite hot sauce or salsa.
This is totally what I had in mind when I was about 13 and daydreaming about having my own place where I could do anything I wanted - even eat junk food for dinner!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks awesome. :)

Jenn said...

mmmmmmmmmm-mexican! and booze---
oh wait that's not in the photo ;)

Jody from VegChic said...

Nachos....droool....

LOL, about being 13 and dreaming about your own place with junk food. I can totally relate to that.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

oh, i LOVE nachos! i NEED nachos. i'm seriously heading to the kitchen after i hit "publish comment" to whip up some makeshift 'chos.

Anonymous said...

If Rob knew you were serving this for dinner, he definitely would be there in a heartbeat! LOL Looks so yummy!

What's your favorite brand of hot sauce? Rob is the hot sauce fanatic in our household and he usually picks out new varities at the store. I use whatever I find in the frige.