Thursday, September 28, 2006

Veg*n French Toast and Fruit

So, I've had Jenny's vegan french toast recipe linked forever. Well, actually, since July when she posted it, but whatever.

The point is that we finally made it :) Jason made some for a weekend breakfast, and lucky for us there was batter left over for another couple breakfasts. Eating french toast on a weekday morning felt so decadent.

In addition to being veg*an, this breakfast was very local, as well. The bread was complet from Bakers on Broad, the peaches grown at and bought from the Del Val Market and the strawberries from our Blooming Glen CSA crop share.

This recipe will definitely make it into our brunch repertoire, except maybe next time we'll follow the directions more carefully. As in, maybe we will use two TEAspoons of cinnamon rather than two TABLEspons :P

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, why oh why do I come to this blog when I'm starving? I'm inspired by all the delicious looking foods. And then I go to my kitchen and find nothing.

Next time I'll stop by here before I go grocery shopping!

Jenn said...

when i make french toast or apple pie pancakes -- I always double the vanilla and cinnamon - bad habit but it's soo yummy!

funwithyourfood said...

haha that's A LOT of cinnamon!

wheresmymind said...

Why do you spell veg*an that way?

Tim Rice said...

Looks delicious! But I'm generally in too much of a rush to make that when I eat breakfast. :)

Mikaela said...

I'm sure this meal would fit very nicely into your new budget, Miss Elizalou :)

You sound like my dad, Jenn - he's a vanilla monster. And yes Teddy, it certainly was a lot of cinnamon!

See next post for the veg*n thang, Jeff...

Tim - it was actually pretty quick cooking on the weekdays since the batter was all ready to go :)

:) Mikaela

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.