Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Fourth CSA Pick Up

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but... I think we have too much produce.

Thank goodness the seester and pops are home. Our little family of three just can't handle this whole share for ourselves. Well, I should say, this little family of three with no freezing or canning knowledge can handle it. By the end of the summer however, I'd say that we will have some of those skills :o)

This week:
beets
kohlrabi
green lettuce
collards
kale
carrots
turnips
red lettuce
basil
spring mix
sugar snap peas
snow peas
cilantro

Beets + kohlrabi = beautiful :o) Other things we're thinking: Our love for beets is ever-growing, we may be tiring of turnips (not that we don't love them, we're just running out of ideas) and we're finally ready to try the kohlrabi.

After receiving inquiries regarding the preparation of the lesser-know veggies, our fabulous CSA "directors" (Tricia and Tom) have reccomended, and offered to order for interested members, the book From Asparagus to Zucchini. Certainly, we'll find some awesome kohlrabi direction in there :o)

No comments: